[Koha] How to handle multiple copies/items or authors while converting excel data to MARC

gipelibrary pune gipelibrary at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 16:30:19 NZST 2013

Dear All

Greetings from the GIPE Library!

I have the bibliographic data in excel format. In accession Number column,
I have the range of accession numbers say (23001-23005) for a single title
having five copies. Will MARCEDIT take care if I separate each accession
number with 'comma' or do I need to use any other special character as data
separator.

Similarly in Author field, I have more than one authors, say (Ranganathan,
S R and Gopinath, M A and Prasad, A R D) for a single title. What should be
the data separator for this field so that I can export the data from excel
to MARC using MARCEDIT. Here in this case, I do not wish to use 'Comma' as
it is already used for separating surname and the Initials.

Awaiting your replies.

Regards

--
Dr Nanaji Shewale