[Koha] Web Installer Error

mhathaway mhathaway at netherhall.cambs.sch.uk
Wed Apr 24 21:33:17 NZST 2013

I'm looking into Koha as a potential replacement for our school library
system (we're a Cambridge-based secondary school and sixth form centre).
However, I'm running into difficulties getting a demo installed.

Details:
    Koha 3.10.4
    Ubuntu 12.10 server.
    MySQL database and user have been created.
    I'm down to step 7 of the installer, which is the Web Installer.

The error:
    Access denied for user 'kohaadmin'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at
/usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Context.pm line 803.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Auth.pm line
63.
    Compilation failed in require at
/usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/mainpage.pl line 25.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/mainpage.pl line 25.

I found Lars J. Helbo's issue
(http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.com/Installation-problem-td4449146.html) and
subsequently tried deleting and recreating the MySQL database and user.  But
no luck.

Logically, I was expecting the first step of the web installer to ask for
the DB details, before it could run.  Is it returning this error before the
web installer can be served, or after it has already tried to run?

This has been bugging me for several days now.  Any insight into how to get
past this error would be greatly appreciated.