[Koha] 3.8.4 staff main page

Mark Tompsett mtompset at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 15 03:51:32 NZST 2012

Greetings,

> Mark - many tnx - but this is for our *production* server which I am
> planning to upgrade this weekend. Git is not an option, as I handle nearly
> half a million items in production.

I wasn't saying you'd put git in production. I was saying, you could figure
out the patch in a git development environment and then provide patches to
everyone via a bug report at bugzilla. And if the bug is critical you could
patch the production system with your newly created patch.

> which means that I either have to reinstall Koha 3.6.1 or 3.8.4.

Umm... Why not 3.6.8? There haven't been drastic changes in the UI, as far
as I know, and it has more bug fixes in it.

> N.B. This is not a "bug" nor a "request for improvement" at Koha Community
> level.

But it could be. A patch or two would be useful. And learning git would save
you headaches for future bug fixing, and upgrading. Seriously, you are
taking the hard road for no good reason. By the way, learn git, and at least
grab the attachment on bug 6566. If your indexes are not the same between
your old and new, like mine were, this script may help.

GPML,
Mark Tompsett