[Koha] import items

Frédéric Demians frederic at tamil.fr
Tue Sep 11 19:26:01 NZST 2012

 > On the road to koha, we have successfully import bibliographic records
 > and authorities. Now, we have to import items record and problems
 > begin .

Since several versions, items are not anymore stored internally both in
MARC biblio records and 'items' table. So, if in your framework, each
995 subfield is mapped to an 'items' table subfield, you can import
your items from your legacy ILS directly into the Koha 'items' table.
This way, you don't have to add items to biblio records, and import them
with bulkmarcimport.pl. So the process is:

1) Export your items in CSV
2) Transform your CSV file in order to encode properly each field for
    Koha (item types, authorized values, etc.)
3) Import your CSV file into Koha
4) Reindex

Kind regards,
--