[Koha] 3.8.4 Error message when editing authorities

Jared Camins-Esakov jcamins at cpbibliography.com
Mon Sep 3 13:57:46 NZST 2012

Doug,

More relevant info: Our Authorities preferences.  The more I look at this
> it looks like a problem with how Zebra is configured or populated or some
> impedance mismatch between &merge and zebra in ModAuthority.

The key preference here is actually the dontmerge syspref. Other
preferences in the Authorities tab have no impact on merge. However, merge
and Zebra don't actually work together at all. The 500 error you
encountered presumably was hit *before* the bibs were updated, so no amount
of reindexing is going to change that. I have the glimmerings of an idea
about what might be going on, though. I wonder if this isn't a side effect
of the "links to authorities no longer showing up" problem you were having.
What I would probably do is rerun link_bibs_to_authorities.pl on a test
server, and see if you are then able to edit authorities without these
errors.

Could you please confirm the exact version listed in About Koha on this
server? I know we've already been over this, but I like to double check
these things.

Regards,
Jared

--
Jared Camins-Esakov
Bibliographer, C & P Bibliography Services, LLC
(e-mail) jcamins at cpbibliography.com
(web) http://www.cpbibliography.com/