[Koha] Patron Card Printer _How many words for each text field

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Tue Oct 16 04:13:11 NZDT 2012

On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 1:05 PM, Jia-Hui <sophina0516 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, everyone: We need to provide some text information on the back of our patron card. We have encountered a situation.After we type in all the words in a text field, the Koha system will response very very very slow.We checked the CPU usage of the Koha system, it showed 100%. After we cut off the words, and restart the Koha instance, the system act normally again.

That's definitely a bug. Please file a bug report at bugs.koha-community.org.

So, just wondering that ----Is there a limited number of words for
each text field? Thanks!! Jiahui

The limit should be as many as will fit on your card size. Obviously
that does not work atm. I'm not sure what the real limit is in light
of the bug. I suppose as many as you can get away with without maxing
out your cpu usage.

Kind Regards,
Chris