[Koha] Avoid LiveCDs/LiveDVDs

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Sat Oct 6 20:16:53 NZDT 2012

On 6 October 2012 18:54, clint.deckard <clint.deckard at frontiers.co.nz> wrote:
> Dear Vimal,
> I applaud your efforts.
> I believe Live CDs have a valuable place in allowing non-technical people
> the opportunity to try Koha.
> Koha, particularly in the past, was not an easy piece of software to install
> and try, LiveCDs made it much easier. Although they may not be the ultimate
> choice by many for a 'production' system they are valuable none the less.
> I appreciate your efforts. Thank you.

While that is true, it is vitally important the CDs are kept up to
date, and links to old ones removed.

We just had someone in #koha  on ircwho has just in installed
3.01.00.999 from a live cd. That version is over 2 years old and has
known security issues.

I think this is what Mark was trying to say, perhaps the thread should
be, old and way out of date LiveCD should be avoided. I'm glad to see
someone is going to be maintaining them. Doing 2 LiveCD releases every
month is a reasonable amount of work so I applaud them for wanting to.

Chris