[Koha] Purchase request vanishes into thin air?

Jared Camins-Esakov jcamins at cpbibliography.com
Thu Nov 8 11:48:42 NZDT 2012

Elaine,

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 2:38 PM, Elaine Bradtke <eb at efdss.org> wrote:
> > Just tried changing Anonymous from and adult patron to a member of staff,
> > and then submitting a purchase suggestion  Still didn't work. There is no
> > password set for this imaginary person, correct?
>
> We do have a username and password for our dear, imaginary Anonymous
> patron, but that "person" never logs in.  Our purchase suggestions all
> show up as anonymous whether they're submitted by someone logged in,
> or submitted without anyone having logged in--they all show up as
> suggested by, "Patron, Anonymous."

I don't believe you need a user name or password, but you *do* need a real
user for your anonymous patron. Patron 0 is the database user and not an
actual patron, so any data associated with that patron is likely to go
spectacularly awry.

Regards,
Jared

--
Jared Camins-Esakov
Bibliographer, C & P Bibliography Services, LLC
(e-mail) jcamins at cpbibliography.com
(web) http://www.cpbibliography.com/