[Koha] Use of Google Analytics and +1 on Koha website

Paul paul.a at aandc.org
Sun May 27 10:10:42 NZST 2012

At 01:36 PM 5/26/2012 -0700, Adams, Jason wrote:
>I've had similar concerns -- not just with Koha (and its website) or
>Google specifically -- but with the way libraries "collect" user info
>online [snip] Without pointing fingers, I think "we" (in general) need to
>be a little more careful with the apps, websites, databases, catalogs,
>software, etc. that we're creating and using.

The Google Analytics Opt-out tool is available at
<https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout>.  We did a packet-sniffing check
on it a few months ago, and it appeared to do what it promised -- so we
installed it throughout out organization.  There is a somewhat positive
side-effect in that it tends to speed up browsing, sometimes quite
considerably.

Please note that this email does not constitute a recommendation to install
any plug in; anything you do to your own computers is at your own risk.

Paul