[Koha] Koha 3.8.1 'zebra searching' failure

Paul paul.a at aandc.org
Mon Jun 18 04:35:04 NZST 2012

At 04:06 PM 6/17/2012 +0100, Kate Jones wrote:
>Hi, our Koha at the Library of National Botanic Garden of Wales has been
>working with no problems for over 2 years. [snip] The company who provide
>IT support for the Garden's network and servers have finally agreed to
>take on tech support for the Library [snip] BUT the Zebra searching isn't
>working [snip] or can suggest something for me to pass on to the Tech
>Support company.

Might it be best to get one of the people at your tech support company to
sign up here on this list?  Or are you comfortable acting as "intermediary"
on tech Q&As?

At the very least, this list would need to know what system they are using,
how they installed Koha and what they have done (with the help of
installation docs and other Wiki FAQs) to try and resolve the
non-functioning portions of 3.8 compared to the functioning livecd that you
have been obliged to revert to.  [Also, I'm not certain that it's possible
to migrate directly from 3.2 (presumably the livecd you are successfully
using) direct to 3.8 - maybe someone else here can confirm?]

As an aside, your website <http://www.gardenofwales.org.uk/?page_id=128>
has a URL reference to liblimes's <http://koha.org>, not *this* open-source
Koha -- are you sure your Tech Support has installed 3.8.1?

Best - Paul