[Koha] Hosted Linux solution for Koha?

Christine Othitis cothitis at telus.net
Mon Jun 18 00:27:01 NZST 2012

Hi group,

I have a technical question that I hope someone can answer. We have been
trying to get Koha up and running for some time while we inventory our
records (boxes and boxes!)

The problem is that the server was donated as well as the tech support. Koha
was running until the server locked up, and then my husband worked his
techie magic and updated Ubuntu. We still have to configure Koha again for
it to work. The drive is very old and making ticking sounds - so - not an
ideal situation.

Are there any downsides to using a hosted Linux solution for Koha? The major
upside I can see right now is tech support being a phone call away :-D

Thanks,
Christine