[Koha] Koha - Software error while adding or editing item records

Subramanian Natarajan gurujimani at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 4 15:08:49 NZST 2012

Hi,

Apologies that I missed your reply in the digested list emails, hence the delay in my reply.

Thank you for your response. My answer to your questions below:

By referring "bib" I meant bibliographic record.  The result is the same either I download and save a MARC record from library of congress or I create a record using cataloging module.

I tried to check the LC settings in Administration, but failed to find one.  Where can I check the LC settings?

My apache and mysql servers are set to work with UTF-8 by default.

My mysqlconfig file:

[root at pcmk-1 conf]# cat /etc/my.cnf
[mysqld]
datadir=/var/lib/mysql
#socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
socket=/var/run/mysqld/mysql.sock
user=mysql
# Disabling symbolic-links is recommended to prevent assorted security risks
symbolic-links=0
default-character-set = utf8
character-set-server = utf8
skip-character-set-client-handshake

[mysqld_safe]
log-error=/var/log/mysqld.log
pid-file=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid
[root at pcmk-1 conf]#

Mysql status output:

mysql> status
--------------
mysql  Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.1.61, for redhat-linux-gnu (x86_64) using readline 5.1

Connection id:          24788
Current database:
Current user:           root at dbsvr
SSL:                    Not in use
Current pager:          stdout
Using outfile:          ''
Using delimiter:        ;
Server version:         5.1.61 Source distribution
Protocol version:       10
Connection:             192.168.1.33 via TCP/IP
Server characterset:    utf8
Db     characterset:    utf8
Client characterset:    utf8
Conn.  characterset:    utf8
TCP port:               3306
Uptime:                 14 days 2 hours 34 min 24 sec

Threads: 1  Questions: 9515954  Slow queries: 0  Opens: 722  Flush tables: 1  Open tables: 64  Queries per second avg: 7.807
--------------

mysql>

My apacheconfig file section with UTF-8 settings:

#
# Specify a default charset for all content served; this enables
# interpretation of all content as UTF-8 by default.  To use the
# default browser choice (ISO-8859-1), or to allow the META tags
# in HTML content to override this choice, comment out this
# directive:
#
AddDefaultCharsetUTF-8

Following is the locale output from Scientific Linux 6.1

[root at pcmk-1 conf]# cat /etc/redhat-release
Scientific Linux release 6.1 (Carbon)
[root at pcmk-1 conf]# locale
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=
[root at pcmk-1 conf]#

I am not very sure how to check the settings of UTF-8 for perl.

I have followed the Koha installation manuals and I am not using Zebra server.

More over, Koha gives the same error message while I try to check in or check out a book.

The error message again:

"

Can't call method "subfield" on an undefined value at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Biblio.pm line 2992.
"

Thank you once again for your help.  I can provide more details if you need.  Please help.

Subramanian Natarajan <gurujimani at yahoo.com>
> Koha server is installed on Scienfic Linux 6.1
>
> I ?have downloaded the bib records from LC using z39.50 gateway. I am getting the following error when I tried to add an item to the newly created bib record.

What bib records? (ISBNs? Other search terms?)

What are your LC settings in Administration?

Are you sure Scienfic Linux 6.1 is configured correctly, particularly
for UTF-8 on apache, perl and mysql?

Hope that helps,