[Koha] Authority indexing

Marcel de Rooy M.de.Rooy at rijksmuseum.nl
Fri Jul 13 22:13:10 NZST 2012

Hi,
Below a fragment from a discussion on authority indexing on the dev list.
As a developer, I would like to get some specific librarian feedback on this list.

> Another thought to add to the discussion: If we need the difference between searching through main headings, all subfields and main headings $a only, why do we not present these four identical options in opac and staff? It seems overkill to me, but please speak up if you need one of the two !

Do you (your library) make good use of searching authorities in staff client? There are three searches there.  Note that the first one ("Search authorities") only looks in heading $a subfields.  Do you need the difference when searching authorities between $a only or all subfields?  Would you need the other one: headings, all subfields?

Hope I am being clear enough ..

Thanks,
Marcel