[Koha] Patrons cannot place holds from OPAC

Jim Maroon storypage at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 11:29:28 NZDT 2012

When a patron tries to place a hold from the OPAC, they receive a message
"Sorry, none of these items can be placed on hold." When staff tries to
place a hold for the same, a message pops up "CANNOT PLACE HOLD Too many
holds..." We can then click through, but not in the OPAC. When you check
the holds for the patron, the record shows no holds. These are all items on
which folks should be able to place holds.

Is this one of those deals where we need to change our settings? If so,
where and how?

Thanks.

Jim

"The man, who, by his own and his family's labour, can provide a
sufficiency of food and raiment and a comfortable dwelling place, is not a
poor man." --William Cobbett, *Cottage Economy*, 1826.