[Koha] 3.6.2 - System preferences cannot be updated

Tom Hanstra tom at nd.edu
Fri Feb 24 07:44:30 NZDT 2012

Thanks for the suggestion, but that was not the problem.  Still getting
the same errors.

Also, to add a bit more:

The session log shows me logged in without any further logout.
There are no errors in either the Apache or koha-error_log when the
attempted save is performed.

Anyone have other ideas?

Thanks,
Tom

On 02/23/2012 12:31 PM, Paul wrote:
> At 11:13 AM 2/23/2012 -0500, Tom Hanstra wrote:
>> I'm running into a problem with changing System Preferences values.
>> When I attempt to make a change, I get these errors in the message log
>>
>> Message Log
>>
>>     * Error; your data might not have been saved
>>     * You need to log in again, your session has timed out
>>
>> The session has not actually timed out as I can continue to go to other
>> screens and navigate the Staff Client.  I've checked permissions on files
>> and database access and these are not a problem.
>>
>> Does anyone have an idea on what might be happening?  Anyone else seen
>> such problems?  I'm seeing this on two different instances of 3.6.2.
> We do not see "not saved" or "timed out" messages using 3.6.1 (with some
> updates to 3.6.2) but we have noticed that a reboot (rather than just
> stopping and restarting Apache) is required to have access to some changes.
>
> For example, we use an "authorized value" for shelving location; to avoid
> editing "LOC", I set up a new set of values as "LOC2", edited the
> framework, but "LOC2" came up entirely blank until I rebooted.
>
> Best - Paul

      Tom Hanstra                              Systems Administrator
      University Libraries of Notre Dame       Phone: (574)631-4686
      213 Hesburgh Library                     Email: tom at nd.edu
      Notre Dame, IN  46556

           Time flies like an arrow.  Fruit flies like a banana.