[Koha] 3.6.2 - System preferences cannot be updated

Paul paul.a at aandc.org
Fri Feb 24 06:31:30 NZDT 2012

At 11:13 AM 2/23/2012 -0500, Tom Hanstra wrote:
>I'm running into a problem with changing System Preferences values.
>When I attempt to make a change, I get these errors in the message log
>
>Message Log
>
>    * Error; your data might not have been saved
>    * You need to log in again, your session has timed out
>
>The session has not actually timed out as I can continue to go to other
>screens and navigate the Staff Client.  I've checked permissions on files
>and database access and these are not a problem.
>
>Does anyone have an idea on what might be happening?  Anyone else seen
>such problems?  I'm seeing this on two different instances of 3.6.2.

We do not see "not saved" or "timed out" messages using 3.6.1 (with some
updates to 3.6.2) but we have noticed that a reboot (rather than just
stopping and restarting Apache) is required to have access to some changes.

For example, we use an "authorized value" for shelving location; to avoid
editing "LOC", I set up a new set of values as "LOC2", edited the
framework, but "LOC2" came up entirely blank until I rebooted.

Best - Paul