[Koha] Completeness of records for importing

franc at library.iisc.ernet.in franc at library.iisc.ernet.in
Mon Aug 20 22:12:24 NZST 2012

Dear Members, For the last couple of weeks, I have been experimenting with
the Koha's importing feature. I seem to have understood and overcome all
the teething problems related to importing of bibliographic records.

I have now imported more than 60K records and every thing seems to be
working fine. Before I proceed with the other aspects of Koha, I just
wanted to ensure that the there isn't something oblivious that is missing
in the records that I have imported.

Could you please have look at the sample record given below and let me
know if it is complete in all aspects or if any of the obvious and
essential fields are missing.

A Sample Record
---------------

=LDR  00000nam  2200000Ia 45e0^M
=008  120819s9999\\\\xx\\\\\\\\\\\\000\0\und\d^M
=020  \\$a0-87692-514-10^M
=082  \\$a005.133$bN884^M
=245  \\$aPrinciples of computer programming (Fortran 77 for IBM PC) /by
V. Rajaraman.^M
=250  \\$a3rd.^M
=260  \\$aNew Delhi$bP-H of India$c1988^M
=300  \\$a246p^M
=653  \\$a<Programming, Electronic digital computers Computer programming
languages>^M
=700  \\$aRajaraman, V.^M
=952  \\$aJRDTML$bJRDTML$yBK$p144621    $o005.133 N884^M

Thanks for your attention.

 - Francis

JRDTML, IISc,
Bangalore, India