[Koha] kohaadmin password change

Manos Petridis egpetridis at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 19 21:35:38 NZST 2012

Thank you Chris for your reply. I guess there must have been some pressing need to present both MySQL users and koha users in the same interface/list.

I understand the concept of creating a 2nd super-user and perform any operations from that profile; in fact I had already created such a user so that I could get myself out of trouble should I forget/mistype the kohaadmin pass.

I suppose I'll have to log-in to MySQL with the new pass (or as a root) and change the kohaadmin pass back to the previous value.

Two more notes to be added to my wishlist:
a) There ought to be a clear way to change the kohaadmin password nevertheless, for what good is a password for, if it is known by everyone?
b) There should be a warning when someone - with the proper rights - tries to change the kohaadmin password via the administrative interface. Then again it may well be a joke on koha newbies and such a warning would spoil the fun ;-)
kind regards,
Manos Petridis