[Koha] Note on three suspected bugs

Manos Petridis egpetridis at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 18 12:16:21 NZST 2012

I'd like to note/report some somewhat irregular behaviour I noticed on my koha installation (3.08.03.000 on Debian).

a) Search result pages seem to disregrad settings set in "System preferences". I have set
        defaultSortField: callnumber
        defaultSortOrder: ascending
        OPACdefaultSortField: callnumber
        OPACdefaultSortOrder: ascending
    yet, both cgi-bin/koha/opac-search.pl and cgi-bin/koha/catalogue/search.pl default to order by relevance, regardless.

b) Local images don't always show on the OPAC search result pages. In some cases the correct local images appear randomly for some books only, while don't appear for others. In other - even more peculiar - cases, local images appear as the page loads and then disappear once the page has completed loading.
It doesn't seem to be a browser flaw, as I've tried several browsers on different platforms, with the same results.
This is a consistent problem: I have yet to see a full page complete with all the local images I have uploaded so far. I even tried reducing the number of books appearing on each page, from 20 to 10, so that it would put less strainn on apache server and on the browser, but it made no difference.
The local images appear correctly in /cgi-bin/koha/opac-detail.pl both in the top portion of tthe page and in the Images tab, however in cgi-bin/koha/catalogue/detail.pl they only appear in the Images tab (this may be by design).
Local images don't appear at all in cgi-bin/koha/catalogue/search.pl (administrative interface, with images on the first to the left column), I guess however that this is by design too.

c) I had set koha to use the additional Amazon material available, and all went well. Wishing to verify point (b) above, I set AmazonCoverImages back to Don't show, yet it seems to have no influence, as Amazon images continue to appear nevertheless.

On all three notes above, am I doing something wrong, have I mis-understood the settings mentioned, or are they bugs?

Manos Petridis