[Koha] [Koha-devel] Call for papers for Kohacon12

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Mon Apr 2 19:50:44 NZST 2012

On 2 April 2012 19:43, Paul Poulain <paul.poulain at biblibre.com> wrote:
> Le 30/03/2012 20:40, Chris Cormack a écrit :
>> The call for conference papers is open.
> Hello (MJ / chris)

Disclaimer: These are all personal opinions.

> Before submitting something, I'd like to know what kind of audience do
> we expect to have ? Will/should it be librarians that knows nothing
> about Koha and will be happy to have a demo ? Will/should it be
> librarians that already use or know Koha ? Will/should they be happy to
> have some technical talks like "Koha and CAS-LDAP-Shibboleth" or
> will/should they prefer non technical talks ?
>
> Overall: do we have an idea of the kind of talks they would like to have ?

I think not demos, demos of Koha are better outside of Kohacon ihmo,
but I am sure it will be like Kohacon10 and 09 (I cant speak for 11
because I wasn't there) with a healthy mix of librarians new to Koha,
some very experienced Koha users and some developers.

Covering technical topics I think is ok, as long as they can be
presented in a way that is still accessible for those without a strong
technical background.

I think one that might be welcome from you would be the roadmap to
3.10, and how people can help us to get there.

> The KohaCon12 is close from France, we will send some ppl, but that
> would help me knowing what would be of the biggest interest.
>
> Thanks for your feedback
>
> PS: I made Koha history in 2010 and 2011, Koha community organization in
> 2011, I'm of course OK to do them once again if :
> * 1- no-one else want to
> * 2- The conf organizers think it's a good idea to do it again.

The paper I submitted is around organisation, and will cover a bit of
history too. But not in depth, if you want to do one too we can
coordinate so we don't double up.

Chris