[Koha] Best practice for registering pupils in a school library?

LAURENT Henri-Damien henridamien.laurent at biblibre.com
Thu Oct 6 20:18:38 NZDT 2011

Le 05/10/2011 21:39, Magnus Enger a écrit :
> On 5 October 2011 21:29, Darla Grediagin <dgrediagin at bssd.org> wrote:
>> I register students with planned graduation date.  This makes it easy to
>> move the student out the year of graduation.
>>

> Thanks for a quick reply! Funny thing: I got a direct reply with
> almost exactly the same answer too! ;-)
>
> Sorry for being slow, but how do you register the graduation date?
> Which field? Do you use extended patron attributes?

For what it is worth,
you could use categorycode to separate students from teachers and
professionals, and sort1/sort2 or an extended attribute to store the year.
All you would have to do afterwards is a script to bulkupdate that value
based on a hash (defined for instance in a YAML file)  that you would cron.
Hope that helps.
--
Henri-Damien LAURENT