[Koha] MARC view in OPAC won't switch off

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Fri May 20 05:23:51 NZST 2011

> Under System Preferences, Local Use OPACvieMARC there's an option
> allow or disallow the display of MARC view of bibiographic records in
> OPAC.  I set it to off, and saved it, but it still displays.

I don't see this option anywhere in my system. I'm perplexed about how
it came to be in yours.

> We're running 3.02.06.000 - and will probably upgrade to 3.4 in the
> next couple weeks.  If this works in the newer version, I won't fret
> about it.

It will be fixed, because that pop-up MARC display window has gone away in 3.4.

In the meantime you could add some custom CSS to your OPACUserCSS
system preference to hide the MARC links in the OPAC:

#MARCviewPop { display: none; }
#MARCview { display: none; }

  -- Owen

--