[Koha] Koha LTS (Long Term Support) and ..

Abdul Vali abdul.vali99 at gmail.com
Sat May 14 09:31:30 NZST 2011

Dear wonderful community of koha

I am not a programmer and have a little know how of technical things
involved in koha.  i have seen that koha community and developers are so
active that new versions of koha are coming regularly and it is very
difficult for us to keep us align with the pace of this development. is
there any way to release some Long Term Support (LTS) version of koha just
like Ubuntu LTS?

- can we install koha latest version using apt-get install koha by adding
the sources in sources.list of ubuntu, debian or fedora?  similarly we may
able to use apt-get update and remove command for koha?  in my point of view
many users who are not well aware of linux installation process can use koha
easily

- will koha shift to postgresql and solr instead of mysql and zebra
respectively?

--

Abdul Vali
Librarian - ASE School