[Koha] [ZEBRA QUERY] A bit flummoxed with the .deb installation of 3.2.7

Indranil Das Gupta indradg at gmail.com
Fri May 6 21:50:43 NZST 2011

Hi

I've processed with tarball installations (up to 3.2.0) in the past with no
problem as far as zebra et al were concerned.

this time i'm testing with the .deb files from Koha's debian repos (thanks
Lars, Robin and others for the wonderful work) on Ubuntu 10.04.2 LTS

The site is running fine. I've the koha user created and everything else.

However, I'm kinda stumped as what to do with koha-rebuild-zebra script.
I've also read the tutorial by Thomas Krichel (
http://openlib.org/home/krichel/courses/lis9012/doc/koha_installation.html)

FWIW, I dont have anything under /etc/koha/sites. I'm however able to
manually run zebrasrv -f /etc/koha/koha-conf.xml, and connect (and auth) via
yaz-client. As well as run /usr/share/koha/bin/migration_tools/
rebuild_zebra.pl -v -b -a

so what exactly do I need to do with a .deb installation to get things
running nice? Can someone give me a breakdown on what i'm missing here.

thanks in advance

--
Indranil Das Gupta

Phone : +91-98300-20971
Blog    : http://indradg.randomink.org/blog
IRC      : indradg on irc://irc.freenode.net
Twitter : indradg

Please exchange editable Office documents only in ODF Format. No other
format is acceptable. Support Open Standards.

For a free editor supporting ODF, please visit LibreOffice -
http://www.documentfoundation.org