[Koha] new versions

hansbkk at gmail.com hansbkk at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 18:28:20 NZDT 2011

My advice would be to go with the current stable version. If the
project gets delayed, I'd personally only go with a .1 (ITC 3.4.1
rather than 3.4) to avoid the initial bugs shakeout when a release
gets more widely tested.

Sorry I can't advise as to specific migration issues, other than to
carefully read the relevant docs (readme's etc) before starting and of
course to have a well-tested backup in place before proceeding.

Just out of curiousity, are you upgrading to take advantage of any
specific fixes or new features, or do you just want to "keep up" as a
general principle/policy?

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 7:40 PM, Shelley & Kurt Kemperman
<ksckemperman at chartermi.net> wrote:
> Trying these questions again...
> We currently have version 3.0.0 and want to update to 3.2.6 this
> week.  We are having the IT consultant that originally installed Koha
> this winter do this.  Any potential glitches or problems that I should
> be aware of?  Will I have to reset anything in the new version?
> Hoping the transition goes smoothly.
> Also, would it be better to wait for version 3.4 in April?  How
> different will this one be?
> We don't have full-time or even regular IT help - have to hire/pay for
> each service, so we want to use our money wisely.
> Thanks, Shelley

More information about the Koha mailing list