[Koha] Quick Poll: Who uses COiNS/ OpenURL in the opac search results?

LAURENT Henri-Damien henridamien.laurent at biblibre.com
Tue Mar 29 00:51:39 NZDT 2011

Le 28/03/2011 13:30, Nicole Engard a écrit :
> On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 5:59 AM, LAURENT Henri-Damien
> <henridamien.laurent at biblibre.com> wrote:
>> Same remark for French folks...
>> except it is not even for academic but also public libraries.
>>
>> About COiNS support, yes... But we also remarked that COiNS was not
>> really the more interesting format for zotero. Maybe RIS or unapi.
>> Hope that helps.
>> --
>> Henri-Damien LAURENT
>
> Henri-Damien,
>
> Koha does let you export as RIS (I thought) but I thought you needed
> COiNS to have your browser automatically integrate with Zotero.  What
> I mean is with other applications like Zotero you have to export the
> record from Koha and import it into the tool - I like that with Zotero
> I click a button in my browser and it's added to Zotero
> instantaneously.  I'm not picky (and most librarians aren't either)
> about the format as long as that functionality isn't broken in the
> process.
Nicole,
to make it clear,
I donot want to break that wonderful feature that you can click and
integrate the biblio information from Koha web page into zotero (no
kidding : it IS great).
Problem is that, somehow, users come with the demand that koha is not
exporting this and that information (e.g. abstract, notes, other titles,
...) for zotero... And when investigating, it comes out that it is comes
both from the COiNS format, and its zotero support.
So I was just stating that as cool as it is, it still has limits, and we
investigated, and I pointed at some solutions.
It is great as it stands but still can be improved...

--
Henri-Damien LAURENT