[Koha] Group multiple items in a "box" for easy circulation

Jason O'Neil jason.oneil at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 18:54:32 NZDT 2011

Hi List

I'm helping a high school library upgrade to koha, and they have a few
unusual requests I'm trying to help with.

They keep "boxes", collections of about 20 books relevant to specific topics
that are loaned out to teachers.  In circulation, they use a single barcode
on the front of the box to check out, and all of the items will now be
checked out to that patron.  Similarly for checking in the items, using the
barcode on the box will check in all the contained items.

I'm wondering if Koha currently has any similar functionality?

If not, I'll move to the devel list and talk about implementing it myself :)

Thanks
Jason O'Neil