[Koha] bulk BiblioAddsAuthorities?

Stefano Bargioni bargioni at pusc.it
Wed Mar 2 22:40:40 NZDT 2011

On Mar 1, 2011, at 19:54 , Peter Huerter wrote:

> Thanks Stefano.
>
> Unfortunately it's not working for me - yet :)
>
> In your post you describe commenting out lines 142-152 of C4/Heading.pm.  In
> my Heading.pm file this would also comment out the return statement of
> _query_limiters.  Is your _query_limiters effectively reduced to the
> following?
>
> sub _query_limiters {
>    my $self = shift;
>    my $limiters = " AND at='$self->{'auth_type'}'";
>    return $limiters;
> }

Yes.

> When I modify _query_limiters as above and rerun link_bibs_to_authorities.pl
> the linking still does not occur.
>
> Are you able to show me some raw MARC showing an authority linked with a
> biblio?  I understand basically that _9 subfields are added.., but what I am
> wondering is if my MARC format is somehow missing some important info (or at
> least our delta may provide some clues).
>
> E.g. I am trying to link the following biblio with the following authority
> using link_bibs_to_authorities.pl:
>
> LDR 00572nam a2200193Ia 4500
> 003     OPIACS
> 005     20110225150523.0
> 008     110224t20001998xx            000 0 und d
> 020    _a0964513331
> 040    _cOPIACS
> 100 1  _aZimmerman, Linda

link_bibs should add $9 to this tag, copying the 001 tag of the auth rec

> 245 10 _aGhosts of Rockland County
>       _cZimmerman, Linda
> 250    _a2000
> 260    _bSpirited Books
>       _c1998
>       _g2000
> 300    _3pamphlet
> 650  7 _ashanties
>       _2OPIACS
> 942    _2ddc
>       _cAU
> 952    _40
>       _xpamphlet, fine
>       _esw
>       _00
>       _912234
>       _bOPIACS
>       _10
>       _d2011-02-24
>       _zindian rock,
>       _8shanties
>       _71
>       _cshanties
>       _g1.00
>       _yBK
>       _aOPIACS
> 999    _c12223
>       _d12223
>

> 000 - LEADER
>  @ 00229nz##a2200097o##4500
> 003 - CONTROL NUMBER IDENTIFIER
>  @ OPIACS
> 005 - DATE AND TIME OF LATEST TRANSACTION
>  @ 20110301130115.0
> 008 - FIXED-LENGTH DATA ELEMENTS
>  @ 110301000000|ge|dz||aaan|||||||||||||||c|||||d
> 040 ## - CATALOGING SOURCE
>  a Original cataloging OPIACS
>  b Language of catalogi eng
>  c Transcribing agency OPIACS
> 100 ## - HEADING--PERSONAL NAME
>  a Personal name Zimmerman, Linda
>
> Both of these records are in my database and are found in Koha.
>
> A more general question.  You mention "debugging Koha".  How do you go about
> debugging Koha?

Well, I'm able to debug a perl script at a time. In this case I used
perl -d link_bibs_to_authority
and I followed its work step by step down to C4::Heading::_query_limiters where the query string is built.

Sorry: I don't understand why your attempt with the patched _query_limiters doesn't work...
Of course I assume you can find the auth rec searching for Perso_name Zimmerman, Linda, and that the result is 1.
HTH anyway. Stefano