[Koha] bulk BiblioAddsAuthorities?

Peter Huerter pete.huerter at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 07:54:33 NZDT 2011

Thanks Stefano.

Unfortunately it's not working for me - yet :)

In your post you describe commenting out lines 142-152 of C4/Heading.pm.  In
my Heading.pm file this would also comment out the return statement of
_query_limiters.  Is your _query_limiters effectively reduced to the
following?

sub _query_limiters {
    my $self = shift;
    my $limiters = " AND at='$self->{'auth_type'}'";
    return $limiters;
}

When I modify _query_limiters as above and rerun link_bibs_to_authorities.pl
the linking still does not occur.

Are you able to show me some raw MARC showing an authority linked with a
biblio?  I understand basically that _9 subfields are added.., but what I am
wondering is if my MARC format is somehow missing some important info (or at
least our delta may provide some clues).

E.g. I am trying to link the following biblio with the following authority
using link_bibs_to_authorities.pl:

LDR 00572nam a2200193Ia 4500
003     OPIACS
005     20110225150523.0
008     110224t20001998xx            000 0 und d
020    _a0964513331
040    _cOPIACS
100 1  _aZimmerman, Linda
245 10 _aGhosts of Rockland County
       _cZimmerman, Linda
250    _a2000
260    _bSpirited Books
       _c1998
       _g2000
300    _3pamphlet
650  7 _ashanties
       _2OPIACS
942    _2ddc
       _cAU
952    _40
       _xpamphlet, fine
       _esw
       _00
       _912234
       _bOPIACS
       _10
       _d2011-02-24
       _zindian rock,
       _8shanties
       _71
       _cshanties
       _g1.00
       _yBK
       _aOPIACS
999    _c12223
       _d12223

000 - LEADER
  @ 00229nz##a2200097o##4500
003 - CONTROL NUMBER IDENTIFIER
  @ OPIACS
005 - DATE AND TIME OF LATEST TRANSACTION
  @ 20110301130115.0
008 - FIXED-LENGTH DATA ELEMENTS
  @ 110301000000|ge|dz||aaan|||||||||||||||c|||||d
040 ## - CATALOGING SOURCE
  a Original cataloging OPIACS
  b Language of catalogi eng
  c Transcribing agency OPIACS
100 ## - HEADING--PERSONAL NAME
  a Personal name Zimmerman, Linda

Both of these records are in my database and are found in Koha.

A more general question.  You mention "debugging Koha".  How do you go about
debugging Koha?  I've tried putting in debugging print statements printing
to koha-error_log however I run into buffering issues(?) pretty quick and
the output is not reliably.. outputted.

Thanks,
Pete.

Volunteer with the ACS http://aandc.org/
The guy the "tired old sys admin" leans on :)