[Koha] Generate Barcodes in one shot from database & Koha enc

sheldon_tappin thecarterii at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 2 07:46:31 NZDT 2011

Hi Chris,

  I must apologize for posting something that was already posted.. which is
the encryption function that koha uses fro borrower passwords. However I
read someone's posts that says: Koha uses MD5 but "It's not quite MD5; it's
actually md5_base64 as implemented by the Digest::MD5 Perl module"
http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.com/Borrowers-password-encryption-method-in-database-td3273516.html
post .
 The passwords in the management system uses php's MD5 function. If I import
the data from the database would patrons be able to access their user
accounts when they sign in?

Sheldon