[Koha] Koha 3.4 on Ubuntu

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Wed Jun 22 05:23:09 NZST 2011

Mahesh T Pai wrote:
> MJ Ray <mjr at phonecoop.coop> writes:
>  > using koha_perl_deps.pl which does show what is required and
>  > what is optional.  Splitting debian.packages in two would be
>  > a bigger job and I'm not sure if it's worthwhile, but have a
>  > go if you think it is.
>
> How about a .deb metapackage as a part of the koha tarball, which does
> this??
> I mean *depending* on the absolutely required packages, recommending and
> suggesting the rest? The users can use dpkg -i to install that package?

Wouldn't that put the debian packaging in a strange place,
with the orig.tar.gz containing a deb?  That said, I didn't find
an explicit prohibition of it in debian-policy or devel-ref yet.

I think you'd still need to split the package list in debian/control
into depends, suggests and recommends first.

The command:
    sudo mk-build-deps -i debian/control
might do 90% of what is needed anyway, but I've not tested it on
a clean system yet.

[...]

Hope that helps,
Webmaster, Debian Developer, Past Koha RM, statistician, former lecturer.
Available for hire for various work through http://www.software.coop/