[Koha] I've hit a wall during install on Debian

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Sun Jan 30 15:28:15 NZDT 2011

Gallagher, Sean wrote:
> I am trying to get Koha 3.2.2 installed in Debian 507 and when I run the script apt-get-debian-lenny.sh I am unable to complete the script successfully because it seems as though some of the packages do not exist anymore.
>
> For example, the message I get when I try to run the script is:
>
> "Package libcgi-session-perl is not available, but is referred to by another package."
>
> Has anyone else seen this and what have they done to rectify the problem?

That should be available http://packages.debian.org/lenny/libcgi-session-perl
I think there might be a problem with the package system setup.
Is aptitude happy? http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-faq/ch-uptodate.en.html#s-aptitude-upgrade

And a small aside: debian 5 is going to be supported by the debian
project for at least a year, maybe longer.  Koha should run on it.

Regards,
Past Koha Release Manager (2.0), LMS programmer, statistician, webmaster.
Available for hire for Koha work http://www.software.coop/products/koha