[Koha] Koha - Correction: importing records preserving the system number

Jared Camins-Esakov jcamins at cpbibliography.com
Fri Jan 28 03:18:31 NZDT 2011

Linda,

Why does putting the data in the 001 not work? If the problem is just links,
there's a way around that using some clever Apache (web server) hackery.

Regards,
Jared

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 8:52 AM, Linda Culberson
<lculber at mdah.state.ms.us>wrote:

>  Sorry, all, I've been sick and it seems to affect my typing skills.  I
> meant:
> We have this problem as well and have been devoting a great deal of time
> and effort. We had figured out a "hack" for 3.0 that doesn't work in
> 3.2   It is our greatest obstacle to being able to migrate to Koha.
>
> We have external databases and digitized objects tied to this number.
> For us, this is a nightmare situation.
>
> On 1/27/2011 7:33 AM, Linda Culberson wrote:
> >  We have this problem as well and have been devoting a great deal of
> > time and effort. We had figured out a "hack" for 3.0 that doesn't work
> > in 3.2   It is out greatest obstacle to being able to migrate to Koha.
> >
> > On 1:59 PM, Stefano Bargioni wrote:
> >> This is an autoreply :-)
> >> I wonder why nobody have had this problem before. How can be
> >> preserved internal links -contained in fields like 77x- without
> >> preserving the system number?
> >> I'll try to solve it hacking the code (C4::Biblio), but in my opinion
> >> Koha needs a way to do this, an option in bulkmarcimport for instance.
> >> Bye. Stefano

> Linda Culberson                 lculber at mdah.state.ms.us
> Archives and Records Services Division
> Ms. Dept. of Archives&  History
> P. O. Box 571
> Jackson, MS 39205-0571
> Telephone:  601/576-6873
> Facsimile:  601/576-6824

Jared Camins-Esakov
Freelance bibliographer, C & P Bibliography Services, LLC
(phone) +1 (917) 727-3445
(e-mail) jcamins at cpbibliography.com
(web) http://www.cpbibliography.com/