[Koha] Question about adding a item custom field for UNIMARC 955?

Marilen Corciovei marilen.corciovei at nemesisit.ro
Thu Jan 20 06:56:15 NZDT 2011

Hello,

I am trying to find if there is a default unimarc field to store a
specific item data. None of the existing 955* subfields is suitable and
I will have to also change the structure of Koha to allow for such field
to be added since acquisition. My plan was to do the following steps:

- choose an unused 955 subfield for my value
- modify koha database to create an equivalent field in the items table
- modify koha interface to handle this field in the acquisition module

But I wanted to ask if someone already did something similar. My field
is item specific and associated to multiple items. It's specific
registry number given each time new acquisitions are made and it's
different from the invoice no.

Any suggestions are welcome.
Many thanks.

Len