[Koha] slow koha

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 05:39:11 NZDT 2011

2011/1/19 Caitlin McGurk <mcgurk at cartoonstudies.org>:
> Good morning,
>
> Koha has been running painfully slow for the past 2 or 3 days over here. It
> doesn't appear to be our internet connection, because everything else is
> moving pretty regularly. Any suggestions for a slow database?

You should check the processes running on your server. On a terminal:

# top

a load higher than the amount of processors available on the server
would mean the OS's scheduler is overloaded and thus an evidence of
"too many work" on the server. Also check the available (free) RAM
memory. If your memory is exhausted your server is probably
"trashing", using the hard disk to do RAM's job, which is BAD.

To+