[Koha] Email notifications

Vitor Fernandes vitorfernandes87 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 04:01:32 NZDT 2011

Hi there.

I need some help on configuring emails notifications.
First of all the server can send emails and the new created users are
receiving the emails with the accounts details in order to login on
OPAC or Staff Client.

Now I need to setup Koha server to send emails to all users that had
done checkouts and checkins (also holds notices in the future).
I've check the item circulation alerts and the matrix are corrected...

If i do a checkout to a random patron he don't receive the email with
the checkout information.
I've read that there is the user can choose which notices wan't to
receive modifying the EnhancedMessagingPreferences attribute on system
preferences, but I want a default configuration to all users.

The cronjobs to advanced notices and to process queue notices are
runing, but when the advanced notice runs I've the following warning:

The "EnhancedMessagingPreferences" syspref is off.
Therefore, it is unlikely that this script will actually produce any
messages to be sent.
To change this, edit the "EnhancedMessagingPreferences" syspref.

But I don't want to enable EnhancedMessagingPreferences...

Anyone have the email notifications runing fine? There is any guide to
make it working?

Thanks for your time and all the help.
Regards.
Vitor Fernandes