[Koha] Introduction to me and my little problem with import in koha

Prawesh Shrestha prawesh.shrestha at yipl.com.np
Fri Jan 14 17:28:52 NZDT 2011

Hi,

My name is Prawesh Shrestha from Nepal. I am working as Project Engineer in
Young Innovation Pvt. Ltd., a software company. My company had installed
koha in a local university library. I am looking after it but not as
developer more as a koha's features user. Right now, I am looking after the
importing of catalog in koha from WinIsis. Before that, more than half data
had been imported and new data had also been entered. There are more data
from Winisis to be migrated but we are not exactly in position to know the
remaining data to be imported. So we have full data of which some had been
imported. So I am trying to import the leftover using "Matching Rules". I
made new matching rules matching titles. Although it works, few of the data
are duplicated. I went through manual and a book "Koha 3 Library Management
System". However, I can get full understanding of matching rules. Is there
anyway I can understand matching rules in more depth or technique to avoid
the duplication.

I hope you understand what I want to know.

With Regards,
--
Prawesh Shrestha
Project Engineer