[Koha] Shelf browsing not showing up after upgrade to koha_3_02_03

Peter Huerter pete.huerter at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 11:03:24 NZDT 2011

Hi,

We do not have call numbers assigned to our books, however shelf browsing
was working for us pre koha_3_02_03.  That is, only the "Browse Shelf" link
would show up on the OPAC detail page in the callnumber column.

We have only recently noticed that the "Browse Shelf" link is no longer
showing up.  We suspect the change in bahaviour happened when we upgraded.

We have the "OPACShelfBrowser" global system preference set to "on".

Here is a sample of our 952 fields:

952    _40
       _xvg/vg
       _err
       _00
       _912232
       _bOPIACS
       _10
       _d2011-02-24
       _zHow admirals, scientists and politicians impeded the development of
high technology in Canada's wartime navy. The reasons were diverse - the
limited pre-war infrastructure, poor leadership, nav al conservatism,
inadequate international technical liaison and the Admiralty's refusal to
give reasonable assistance to the Canadian effort.
       _8navy_RCN
       _71
       _cbox_rr_fl3
       _g20.00
       _yBK
       _aOPIACS

As I recall setting 952$a, $b, and $c seemed to get the shelf browsing
working (when it was working) even without call numbers.

Has anyone had this problem?
Are call numbers required for shelf browsing to work?

Thanks,
Pete.

Volunteer with the ACS - http://aandc.org/