[Koha] bulk BiblioAddsAuthorities?

Peter Huerter pete.huerter at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 08:09:10 NZDT 2011

Thanks Elaine.  I am in the process of trying your method.

Have you had any problems using link_bibs_to_authorities.pl?  It seems to
have received some mixed reviews and my initial experiment failed to link
the new authorities to existing biblios.

E.g.
http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.com/koha-bibs-authorities-problem-tp3050690p3050691.html

"If you want a best result, you need to re-implement
link_bibs_to_authorities.pl with a better matching algorithm"

Did you have to re-implement a better matching algorithm?

Thanks,
Pete.

(btw I tried to write a script to do what I wanted in my original post and
found that it is not as easy as I thought.  I found that I could not rely on
SimpleSearch (and zebra) to find a recently added Authority.  I decided to
move on after many failed attempts at trying to fix this).