[Koha] Slow system

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Thu Dec 29 02:55:05 NZDT 2011

> Is there a specific reason why your library checks out to a patron instead
> of using a designated shelving location ?

I know a big reason why one might check out to a patron instead: It's
so much easier.

We really, really need an interface like circ/branchtransfers.pl for
setting shelving location so that you can 1) Do a lot of things in a
batch 2) Not require cataloging or batch item update permissions. I
wouldn't give my circ staff batch update permissions, but I'd be happy
to have them be able to move books from the new book shelf to the
regular stacks.

</rant>

  -- Owen

--