[Koha] 3.6.1 updatedatabase.pl [was: Checkout fails]

Paul paul.a at aandc.org
Sat Dec 17 05:10:50 NZDT 2011

At 09:46 AM 12/16/2011 -0500, Owen Leonard wrote:
> > Duplicate entry 'maxItemsInSearchResults' for key 'PRIMARY'
>
>"Duplicate entry" means that the update is trying to make a change
>that has already been made. That's why it's safe to ignore.

Thanks, and yes -- but what I was trying to research was *why* the Perl
script was trying to do it twice (I am sure that whoever wrote it had a
good reason for that particular line appearing at that particular
place.)  Also, I understand the functionality of 'maxItemsInSearchResults',
but not that of 'privacy' ...

I'll be taking a closer look at these sort of details, but at the moment am
more concerned with system security, reliability and speed (Paul P. has
made some interesting suggestions on the developers' list) as I want to get
the new server into production on 1 Jan and this includes the customization
(automated barcodes and call numbers via our own Perl modules, frameworks
and screen presentations.)

For example, I see that search is now giving us under "Location":

      1 item, None available
      1 unavailable
      Archives and Collections {correct shelf location} (Damaged) not for loan

whereas there is in fact 1 item available, reference only, (Normal wear)
not for loan

The devil is in the details ... but we're having fun.

Again thanks - and best regards,
Paul