[Koha] 3.6.1 updatedatabase.pl [was: Checkout fails]

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Sat Dec 17 04:02:36 NZDT 2011

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 9:46 AM, Owen Leonard <oleonard at myacpl.org> wrote:

> > Duplicate entry 'maxItemsInSearchResults' for key 'PRIMARY'
>
> "Duplicate entry" means that the update is trying to make a change
> that has already been made. That's why it's safe to ignore.

These errors are caused by the fact that these columns are created by
earlier updates in updatedatabase.pl and then duplicated in later updates
without checking for their existence first. IIRC this happened when we had
some issue with some databases missing some of the acquisitions "stuff" in
the first set of updates.

As Owen pointed out, these types of errors may safely be ignored.

Hopefully some minor changes in update coding practices will avoid these
issues in the future.

Kind Regards,
Chris