[Koha] Checkout fails

Muhammad Abdullah mamfab at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 01:35:22 NZDT 2011

I encountered exactly those same errors on my Koha 3.6.1. It seems the
errors only appear when you upgrade the db from a previous version (3.2, in
my case) of Koha to 3.6.

I also got these errors when Koha is updating the database through the web
installer:

--
[Fri Dec 09 04:52:16 2011] updatedatabase.pl: DBD::mysql::db do
failed: Duplicate column name 'privacy' at
[Fri Dec 09 04:52:16 2011] updatedatabase.pl: DBD::mysql::db do
failed: Duplicate column name 'privacy' at
/home/koha/kohaclone/installer/data/mysql/updatedatabase.pl line 3998.
[Fri Dec 09 04:52:18 2011] updatedatabase.pl: DBD::mysql::db do
failed: Table 'need_merge_authorities' already exists at
/home/koha/kohaclone/installer/data/mysql/updatedatabase.pl line 4535.
--

Chris C.(Koha's developer) said they are safe to ignore, though.(
http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.com/3-4-4-gt-3-6-1-upgrade-td5068580.html)

And Kyle Hall(Koha Virtual Appliance's creator) has these to say about
them: "I think it's probably safe to ignore those errors. The script is
attempting to create fields that are already in the tables, so I doubt you
will see any problems."