[Koha] Improving permissions on lists (virtual shelves)

Nicole Engard nengard at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 02:31:42 NZDT 2011

On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 8:19 AM, Marcel de Rooy <M.de.Rooy at rijksmuseum.nl>wrote:

>  ** **

> 1  Do not allow to create a public list in the OPAC. (Only private lists.)
>  Public lists are only created by staff users in the staff client.****
>

> I think this should be a preference that the librarians can choose from
> the following options :
>
>    1. Allow anyone to create public lists without moderation
>    2. Allow patrons to create public lists with moderation
>    3. Allow only staff (with permission) to create public lists
>  ****
>
> Brooke came up with an idea where the patron asks staff to upgrade a
> private list to a public list or so..

That would be the same as my 'moderation' request - except that the staff
get to choose whether they moderate lists at all. It's more work for the
staff, so they should have a say in the matter. Like with the patron
submitting edits to their account - librarians can turn this option off if
it's too much work for them (or if they have other reasons).

Nicole