[Koha] Autocomplete values in catalogue data entry

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Sat Dec 3 10:03:28 NZDT 2011

2011/12/3 Olugbenga Adara <gbengaadara at yahoo.com>

> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to turn on autocomplete in certain fields in the framework used in cataloging?
>
> For example tag 260 place of publication and publisher can really benefit from picking from a value entered before.

Hi Olugbenga

How are things going in Nigeria? Well I hope.

Yes, the cataloguing screens can use plugins, you will see they are
turned on for lots. In the case of 260 you would need to write a new
one.
The plugins live at
cataloguing/value_builder/

eg there is one there
marc21_field_245h.pl

Building something like that, you can then link it in the frameworks,
there are lots for unimarc, I dont know where place of publication
lives in UNIMARC, but it may be there is one you can copy from there
as a base

Hope this helps

Chris