[Koha] Koha doesn't generate check-out and check-in notices

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Thu Apr 28 02:11:38 NZST 2011

glernil evangelista <infotech.sbc at gmail.com> asked:
> I'm configuring koha to send notices to patrons through their email address.
> I used ssmtp as my MTA and gmail as my mail server. Sending of email through
> command line is quite successful. I had process_message_queue in my crontab
> set to send messages every minute. I made it sure that messaging preferences
> for each category is configured to send check-out and check-in notices. And
> of course, I created check-out and check-in notices.
>
> Eventually, I tried to check-out an item for a patron but when I check the
> notices tab in the OPAC there is no generated check-out notice.
>
> I can't figure out what is the problem here. Please help..

Hi.  Thanks for the question, but to help with that, we need a bit
more information.  You probably need to tell us:-

* Any error message (preferred) or precise problem description,
including the name of the program being used to send email from the
command-line.

* Is Koha sending any emails?

* Check any relevant log files you can find and email in the lines
for the successful sending from the command-line and the unsuccessful
sending from Koha.

Hope that helps,
http://koha-community.org supporter, web and LMS developer, statistician.
Available for hire for Koha work http://www.software.coop/products/koha