[Koha] Index build - even without zebra?

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Tue Apr 26 12:38:56 NZST 2011

On 26 Apr 2011 10:05, "Tom Hanstra" <tom at nd.edu> wrote:

> What exactly are the C4 modules?  Both rebuild_nozebra.pl and
> rebuild_zebra.pl call for C4 modules, so it seems that neither will work
> until I resolve these perl modules.
>
> I'll work on my Zebra setup, but it seems like I also have to resolve
> these errors.

The C4 modules are what everything in Koha uses, so they will be there. If
you are getting an error it will be because you haven't defined the path to
the modules on the command line.

You can do this lots of ways, the INSTALL file lists a few, but its probably
easiest to run
export PERL5LIB=/path/to/where/the/C4/dir
export KOHA_CONF=/path/to/

Check your koha-httpd.conf for the values you need

Chris

> Thanks,
> Tom
>
> On 04/25/2011 05:25 PM, Galen Charlton wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Apr 25, 2011, at 3:57 PM, Tom Hanstra wrote:
> >
> >> OK, I have loaded some data from another database into my local Koha.
 I don't have Zebra up and going yet, but I thought I could get a jump start
by changing the parameters so that it would not use Zebra.

> > NoZebra mode is deprecated in 3.4.0 and is not necessarily
well-supported before then.

> >> But, there must be some other data rebuild or step I've missed.  I know
that there are records out there because there are some pre-created lists
which produce results.  But every search I do results in no records found,
including a basic wildcard search.

> >> No Result found!
> >>
> >> No results match your search for “kw,wrdl: * ”
> >>
> > Maybe run rebuild_nozebra.pl?  But ultimately, the real answer is to go
ahead and finish getting Zebra up and running.