[Koha] Unable to login

ajesh at maxenna.com ajesh at maxenna.com
Thu Apr 21 16:50:43 NZST 2011

Hi,

 Thanks for the advice. I have dropped the idea of using koha2.2.9 on
windows.

 I am currently trying to install koha3.2.6(which I got on unzipping
koha-latest.tar.gz - a few days back).

I am installing it on Ubuntu OS and hence following the installation steps
mentioned at
    http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_Ubuntu

But I am facing issue at the below mySql step 7

maxenna at maxenna-rfid:~$ mysqladmin -uroot -ppassword create kohadata
mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)'

maxenna at maxenna-rfid:~$ mysql -uroot -ppassword
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using
password: YES)

 Searched on web and saw that quite many people has this error, but I
could not find a solution for the same. I also tried to give root
privileges using "sudo -i", but still getting the same error.
root at maxenna-rfid:~# mysql -uroot -ppassword
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using
password: YES)

 Could somebody suggest a way to get past this error.

Regards
Ajesh

> Ajesh,
> This looks like a DNS issue to me.  Can you ping mykoha.org?  If not
then
> you probably don't have this name pointing to the IP address of the server.
> However, I would encourage you to abandon the idea of using Koha 2.2.9
on
> Windows, and install the latest stable release on Linux (or wait a few
days and install version 3.4 when it is released).  I don't believe the
2.2.x branch is being updated in any way.  To keep up with bug fixes and
enhancements, you really want to be on the version the Koha community is
contributing to.  If this is a test box you are setting up then you
could
> download the latest stable release now - version 3.2.7 available at
http://download.koha-community.org/ , then update to the 3.4 release
later
Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 2:25 AM
> To: koha at lists.katipo.co.nz
> Subject: [Koha] Unable to login
> Hi,
>  I have installed Koha 2.2.9 on Windows XP.
>  Now, I am trying to login to Koha as admin using the below link
>    http://www.mykoha.org:8080
> or
>    http://www.mykoha.org:8080/cgi-bin/koha/mainpage.pl
>  But I am getting the below error message:
The connection has timed out
> The server at www.mykoha.org is taking too long to respond.
>   The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a
> few
>     moments.
>   If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
>     connection.
>   If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make
> sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
>  Firewall is not turned on and the computer's network connection is ok.
However I see that I am able to login successfully as a user at