[Koha] Koha question about search/indexing results

Jared Camins-Esakov jcamins at cpbibliography.com
Tue Apr 19 02:55:56 NZST 2011

Linda,

au: searches use text matching. an: searches use the authority links.
Imported records never (or almost never) have authority links, so when you
upgrade to 3.4 (due out very soon!) you'll probably want to change the
UseAuthoritiesForTracings to "Don't use," so that the tracings don't
generate links using the (incomplete) an: searches.

Regards,
Jared

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 10:49 AM, Linda Culberson
<lculber at mdah.state.ms.us>wrote:

> All,
> I may be misunderstanding how some of the links in Koha work, or we
> could have a problem with our authorities.  Either way, I'd appreciate
> any help and/or insight.
> In Koha, if I do just a general keyword search for "Mississippi Dept of
> Transportation" I get 180 results.  If I do an author search I get 150
> results
>
> If I click on one of the links for which that department is the author,
> and then click on its "by" link it goes to an:7261  and I only get 16
> results.  Some of those are the department as subject and others as it
> as author.
>
> I thought au was the author index, and am assuming it is using the
> authorities?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> --
> Linda Culberson                 lculber at mdah.state.ms.us
> Archives and Records Services Division
> Ms. Dept. of Archives & History
> P. O. Box 571
> Jackson, MS 39205-0571
> Telephone:  601/576-6873
> Facsimile:  601/576-6824

Jared Camins-Esakov
Freelance bibliographer, C & P Bibliography Services, LLC
(phone) +1 (917) 727-3445
(e-mail) jcamins at cpbibliography.com
(web) http://www.cpbibliography.com/