[Koha] General #koha IRC meeting times

Koustubha Kale kmkale at anantcorp.com
Sat Apr 9 15:16:29 NZST 2011

On Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 6:38 AM, Bob Birchall <bob at calyx.net.au> wrote:

> On 08/04/11 10:27, Thomas Dukleth wrote:
> (snip)
> > 8.  SUGGESTION.
> >
> > Alternating between UTC 5, 10, and 19 with occasional adjustment for
> > seasonal changes in local time seems to me best for encouraging diverse
> > participation based on my trivial analysis.
> (snip)
>
> Currently UTC 19 is 5am in Eastern Australia.  But as we generally don't
> achieve large participation by Australians in these meetings (surprising
> in some ways) and it can't be 9am everywhere at once, we can live with
> this.  The other two times work well for us.
>
> There is a rapidly expanding Koha community in India and Pakistan, which
> iirc are 4 to 5 hours behind us - so UTC 19 is in the wee hours there.
> People in that zone may wish to chip in.
>
> Good analysis, Thomas, thanks.
>
> Bob Birchall
> CALYX

For India UTC 5 and 10 both are good. And at a pinch we can make it for UTC
19 too. So I think its good..

Regards,
Koustubha Kale
Anant Corporation

Contact Details :
Address  : 103, Armaan Residency, R. W Sawant Road, Nr. Golden Dyes Naka,
Thane (w),
                Maharashtra, India, Pin : 400601.
TeleFax  : +91-22-21720108, +91-22-21720109
Mobile     : +919820715876
Website  : http://www.anantcorp.com
Blog : http://www.anantcorp.com/blog/?author=2